1. Introduction to LFT
LFT, long fiber reinforced thermoplastic material, English is Long Fiber reinforced Thermoplastics, is compared with ordinary fiber reinforced thermoplastic material, usually, the fiber length of fiber reinforced thermoplastic material is less than 1 mm, while LFT, The length of the fiber is generally greater than 2 mm. The current processing technology has been able to keep the fiber length in the LFT above 5 mm.
2. LFT composition
LFT (Long Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic) analysis is based on micro-spectrum analysis technology, which analyzes the content of each component of profiled material through micro-spectrum and restores the basic formula. Long fiber-reinforced thermoplastic materials are compared with ordinary fiber-reinforced thermoplastic materials. The most widely used matrix resin is PP, followed by PA, and some resins such as PBT, PPS, and SAN are also used. LFT has many applications in automobiles, and the main advantage is the flexibility in which the materials can be compounded.
Third, the difference between LFT and SMC
The product manufacturing process of LFT sheet is very similar to SMC (Sheet Molding) in thermosetting composite glass fiber reinforced plastics. It is also made by pressing sheets in the mold. LFT is a hard sheet that is heated and softened and then cold-pressed in the mold, while SMC is hot-pressed after the cold soft sheet is placed in the mold.
Compared with SMC sheet, the technical performance of LFT sheet has the following advantages:
1. Harmless and tasteless, can improve the working environment.
2. Light weight, density is only 1~1.2g/cm3.
3. The scraps and waste products can be recycled to minimize waste.
4. The strength is higher than SMC, and the impact toughness is particularly outstanding.
5. Corrosion resistance and better electrical performance.
6. The product pressing speed is several times faster than SMC, and the production efficiency is greatly improved.