In the maintenance process of Auto Parts Mould, we need to understand many elements, so what are the basic maintenance methods of auto parts molds? Let's take a look below.
1. Select the appropriate molding equipment and determine the reasonable process conditions. If the injection molding machine is too small, it cannot meet the requirements. If the injection molding machine is too large, it is a waste of energy, and the mold or template will be damaged due to the improper adjustment of the clamping force. reduce efficiency.
When choosing an injection machine, it should be carried out according to the maximum injection volume, the effective distance of the tie rod, the installation size of the mold on the template, the maximum mold thickness, the minimum mold thickness, the template stroke, the ejection method, the ejection stroke, the injection pressure, the clamping force, etc. After verification, it can be used only after meeting the requirements. Reasonable determination of process conditions is also one of the contents of correct use of molds. Too much clamping force, too high injection pressure, too fast injection rate, and too high mold temperature will damage the service life of the mold.
2. After the Auto Parts Mould is installed on the injection machine, the empty mold must be run first. Observe whether the movement of each part is flexible, whether there is any abnormal phenomenon, whether the ejection stroke, whether the opening stroke is in place, whether the parting surface is closely matched when the mold is closed, whether the pressure plate screw is tightened, etc.
3. When the mold is used, it is necessary to maintain the normal temperature and work at the normal temperature to prolong the service life of the mold.
4. Sliding parts on the mold, such as guide posts, return pins, push rods, cores, etc., should be observed at any time, checked regularly, scrubbed and filled with lubricating grease, especially in summer when the temperature is high, at least two per shift Secondary oil to ensure flexible movement of these sliders and prevent tightness from being bitten.
5. Before each mold clamping, attention should be paid to whether the cavity is cleaned, and no residual products or any other foreign objects are allowed to be left. It is strictly forbidden to use hard tools during cleaning to prevent the surface of the cavity from being bruised.
6. For molds with special requirements on the cavity surface, the surface roughness Ra is less than or equal to 0.2cm. It must not be wiped by hand or wiped with cotton wool. It should be blown with compressed air, or wiped gently with high-grade napkins and high-grade absorbent cotton dipped in alcohol. wipe.
7. The surface of the cavity should be cleaned regularly. During the molding process of the injection mold, low molecular compounds are often decomposed to corrode the cavity of the mold, making the surface of the bright cavity gradually dull and reducing the quality of the product, so it needs to be scrubbed regularly. Scrub can use alcohol or ketone preparations to dry in time after scrubbing.
8. When the operation leaves and needs to be temporarily shut down, the mold should be closed, and the cavity and core should not be exposed to prevent accidental damage. The downtime is expected to exceed 24 hours, and anti-rust oil should be sprayed on the surface of the cavity and core. Or mold release agent, especially in wet areas and rainy seasons, even if the time is short, anti-rust treatment should be done.
The water vapor in the air will reduce the surface quality of the mold cavity and the surface quality of the product. When the mold is used again, the oil on the mold should be removed, and it can be used after cleaning. If the mirror surface requires cleaning, the compressed air is dried and then dried with hot air. Otherwise, it will ooze out during molding and cause defects in the product.
9. Start the machine after a temporary shutdown. After opening the mold, check whether the limit position of the slider moves. Only if no abnormality is found, the mold can be closed. In short, you must be careful before starting the machine, and don't be careless.
10. In order to prolong the service life of the cooling water channel, when the mold is out of use, the water in the cooling water channel should be removed immediately with compressed air, put a small amount of oil into the mouth of the nozzle, and then blow with compressed air to make all cooling pipes have a layer Anti-rust oil layer.
11. Carefully check the working status of each control component during work, and strictly prevent the abnormality of the auxiliary system. The maintenance of the heating and control system is particularly important for the hot runner mold. After each production cycle, the rod heaters, belt heaters, and thermocouples should be measured with ohms and compared with the technical description data of the mold to ensure that their functions are intact. At the same time, the control loop may be tested by an ammeter installed in the loop. The oil in the hydraulic cylinder used for core pulling should be emptied as much as possible, and the oil nozzle should be sealed to prevent the hydraulic oil from leaking out or polluting the surrounding environment during storage and transportation.
12. If you hear abnormal noise from the mold or other abnormal conditions during production, you should stop the machine immediately for inspection. The mold maintenance personnel should conduct a patrol inspection of the molds that are running normally in the workshop, and if any abnormal phenomenon is found, they should deal with it in time.
13. When the operator is handing over the shift, in addition to the key records of the handover of production and process, the use of the mold should also be explained in detail.
14. When the mold has completed the number of products produced, and you want to get off the machine to replace other molds, you should coat the mold cavity with anti-rust agent, send the mold and its accessories to the mold maintainer, and attach the last mold to produce qualified products as a product. The samples are sent to the maintainer together. In addition, a list of mold usage should also be sent to fill in in detail what machine tool the mold is on, how many products are produced from a certain month and a certain day in a certain year, and whether the mold is in good condition now. If there is a problem with the mold, you should fill in the problem with the mold on the use sheet, put forward specific requirements for modification and improvement, and hand over an unprocessed sample of the mold to the custodian, and leave it to the molder for reference when repairing the mold.
15. A mold library should be set up, special personnel should be set up for management, and mold files should be established. If possible, computer management of molds should be implemented. The mold warehouse should choose a place with low humidity and ventilation, and the temperature should be kept below 70%. If the humidity exceeds 70%, the mold will easily rust. To be marked with the need for repair or completion of repairs, maintenance signs.